Sunday 4 May 2008

track 8: speak up, speak out,


lyrics:
I just started a miles-long sentence
that ends in a hellhole somewhere
I took a deep breath and words came on random
Out of my mouth, it's out of my hands
I wish you'd stop me
Tell me I'm wrong, you can tell me I'm mean
You can tell me my mum is the only one on my team
Just don't be afraid
If talking's this lonely I'd rather be alone
And keep the dream of better company intact
When no one's watching I'm not transparent
Tell me I'm wrong you can tell me I'm mean
Tell me my mum is the only one on my team
Just don't be afraid to share this lonely life

trackstory:
There's an episode in Six Feet Under where Claire describes her family to her therapist. She says they're so used to being around people in their weakest time that they've all become invisible. They're so scared of saying anything wrong that they've stopped talking at all. That phenomena is a modern plague.

Silence is no good when you're weak.

next week:
track 9 - power


1 comment:

Hampus said...

Det låter verkligen väldigt bra!

Klart över förväntan, och det var med höga förhoppningar. Min favorit är den här hittills.

/Hampus (som känner Susanna)