Sunday 13 April 2008

track 5: november


trackstory:
Last summer I had vocal classes with the girls at Popkollo – a feminist summer camp where girls get to play in bands with each other. We sang this song and I recorded it on my computer so I could have their version of it on the album. The recordings didn't turn out well, but everytime I hear this song I picture them in my head. There was one girl who looked so shy I was sure she would never agree to even sing a note. She just mimed and longed for the drumclass, or bassclass or whatever. I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden she was singing. It was really silent but she had a really clean and secure voice. I have no idea why, but she looked shocked. Maybe she didn't know that she had an excellent voice, or maybe she didn't know that she had the guts to use it. I must have been a huge pain after that because I couldn't stop laughing and cheering, like I was her grandmother or old high school teacher something.

It's weird, but this song is written druing some really heavy times and it's the most upbeat thing I've ever done. I guess, sometimes you come to a point when you just can't afford to be weak.

next week:
track 6 - create your own psychosis!

No comments: